Re: Server freezing under heavy cpu / disk / network load

Il 09/02/2011 10:09, Stan Hoeppner ha scritto:
> Davide Mirtillo put forth on 2/9/2011 1:06 AM:
>
>>> Is this a brand name server, white box, DIY?  If the latter, what motherboard?
>>
>> It's a low end dedicated server i am renting. I've had it for about a
>> week now.
>
> FULL STOP!
>
> Don't pay another cent for that crap.  Demand they switch you to a new(er)
> _functional_ box, or switch to a reputable colo or VPS outfit.  The box is over
> 4 years old and is exhibiting hard locks.  You're _renting_ it.  Don't spend
> another minute troubleshooting this.
>
> If you paid a bunch up front, that's non-refundable, and you end up switching to
> another host, then you learned a valuable lesson here.

I have already ordered the cancellation for the service (which
apparently is set for tomorrow) and i haven't paid a single cent yet.
This is very unfortunate though, i never had issues with the datacenter
or with the support for the other machine i am renting.

I have already an idea about where i am going to host the services, but
i'm open for suggestion. Budget is really low though.

If anyone knows about VPS/dedicated machines with specs (and possibly
budget) similar to this [*], you can let me know at this email address.

[*] http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/x2