Re: best labtop for debian

On 02/09/2011 11:21 AM, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 03:09:23PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
The IBM ThinkPads were always solid equipment and all of the hardware
was supported very well.  They did what you expected a laptop to do in
that all of the peripherals worked with Linux drivers.  Networking
worked with native drivers.  Graphics display worked with native
drivers.  Suspend to ram works.  Suspend to disk works.  The volume
buttons work.  The keyboard light can be toggled on and off.  The
special function keys work.  Battery life is reasonable.  The keyboard
is the best of any of the laptops I have used.  In my experience
everything "just works".

On a related topic, could you please tell me which of the current
ThinkPads have the same basic (awesome) feature-set which the old
favourites (T61, T42 etc.) had? I am genuinely unaware, and wanted to
know if all the ones available today (X-series, T-series, Edge etc.)
carried similar goodness.

I was liking the look of the G555 for my farther.

Anyone tried one?
on the plus side nice big screen, on the down its only 1366x768
I also like the full keyboard etc..
The integrated webcam is only VGA, but is there any real advantage to higher resolution webcams?