Re: best labtop for debian

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 03:09:23PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> The IBM ThinkPads were always solid equipment and all of the hardware
> was supported very well.  They did what you expected a laptop to do in
> that all of the peripherals worked with Linux drivers.  Networking
> worked with native drivers.  Graphics display worked with native
> drivers.  Suspend to ram works.  Suspend to disk works.  The volume
> buttons work.  The keyboard light can be toggled on and off.  The
> special function keys work.  Battery life is reasonable.  The keyboard
> is the best of any of the laptops I have used.  In my experience
> everything "just works".

On a related topic, could you please tell me which of the current
ThinkPads have the same basic (awesome) feature-set which the old
favourites (T61, T42 etc.) had? I am genuinely unaware, and wanted to
know if all the ones available today (X-series, T-series, Edge etc.)
carried similar goodness.

Thanks!

Kumar
--