Re: docx, openoffice, squeeze

"Andreas Goesele" <Goesele@hfph.mwn.de> writes:

> so far, under lenny, I could open all docx-documents I got with the
> combination of openoffice from backports with odf-converter-integrator
> (odf-converter-integrator_strawberry_0.2.3-2_i386.deb).
>
> Unfortunately this doesn't work any more with squeeze and its version of
> openoffice: I always get the error message: "Read-Error. Data could not
> be read from the file."
>
> Purging odf-converter-integrator didn't help. Reinstalling didn't help

Part of the solution I found myself: I can open docx-documents by
directly calling odf-converter-integrator. (This fills the screen with
much information, but in the end succeeds.)

What doesn't work any more is to open docx-documents directly from my
mail-client (gnus) and the command-line or in mc. (I had "soffice
-no-oosplash -writer '%s'" in my mailcap file so far. I had to change
that to "soffice -nologo -writer '%s'", but I guess that's not causing
the problem with docx-files.)

Andreas Gösele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.