Re: Asus WL-167g (rt2500usb) DHCP fails

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 11:39 +0100, Sylvain Archenault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to make my wifi dongle work on my sid box (kernel
> 2.6.32-trunk-686). It is correctly recognized, the WPA authentication
> works fine as well, but it fails getting an address from DHCP. Here is
> the relevant syslog output:

Hi,

No idea if you're still interested in seeing this resolved, but I have
the same hardware and noticed the same problem on Squeeze. (Squeeze is
still using 2.6.32.)

The bug in question was resolved in 2.6.36-rc1. I have filed a bug with
the patch, hoping it can be integrated in future update for Squeeze:
http://bugs.debian.org/611390

The bug only happens when both aes and tkip is used on the access point.
It can be worked around by either using a static address instead of
DHCP, or reconfiguring your AP to use either aes or tkip.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson