Re: Squeeze. How to set video res to 1366x768 in pure console?

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Mark Goldshtein
> <mark.goldshtein@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'm not looking for anything, Mark is.  More importantly, the standard
>>> vesafb driver which handles the vga= option does not deal with modern
>>> wide screens.
>>
>> As an experiment, from googling, I have added this:
>>
>> GRUB_GFXMODE=1366x768x32
>> GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1366x768x32
>>
>> to /etc/default/grub, when # update-grub2 and rebooted.
>> Strange effect was achieved, I have seen 1366x768 at the grub's
>> initial boot moment, where counter counts from 5 seconds to zero and
>> then console switched back to 640x480.
>
> What's the output of "cat /boot/grub/video.lst"?

Sorry for long replay.

Well, video output is 1366x768 in pure console, but still split on two
parts: the beginning of strings is on right side of the screen and the
end at the left. And there a big black gap between, no consistency.

$ cat /boot/grub/video.lst
vbe
vga
video_bochs