Re: Oh no, not partitioning again!

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011, PMA wrote:
> But two items puzzle me:
> /srv	I gather this is important to have, but I have yet
>          to find anything *in* it.  Will Squeeze put stuff in
>          there if I haven't expressly told it too?

No, it won't put stuff in there.

> /tmp  As a rule of thumb -- i.e., special considerations
>          notwithstanding -- what do you think of making
>          this the same size as /var?

I leave it on /, and ask the initscripts to mount a tmpfs of 1GB (or even
less) on top.  See attached file (/etc/default/tmpfs).  Edit to fit your
system and needs.

  Henrique Holschuh
# SHM_SIZE sets the maximum size (in bytes) that the /dev/shm tmpfs can use.
# If this is not set then the size defaults to the value of TMPFS_SIZE
# if that is set; otherwise to the kernel's default.
#
# The size will be rounded down to a multiple of the page size, 4096 bytes.
SHM_SIZE=6G
TMPFS_SIZE=1G
RUN_SIZE=10M
LOCK_SIZE=1M