Re: OT: Make Windows act like Debian and copy text just by marking it

On 02/01/2011 03:30 AM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 03:01, Daniel Andersson
<list@daniel-gr-andersson.com>  wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a program that allows me to make Windows to act like as
Debian and copy text just by marking it?

It would lessen the annoyance of switching to Windows :)

I feel your pain. The two ways I have found are AutoHotKey scripts,
which is a really hacky method, and True X-Mouse[1].

TXMouse is better in some ways, but there are still disadvantages:
1) middle click will not work for some things, like opening links in a
new tab in FF/SM
2) TXMouse brings in classic X Windows focus behaviour -
Focus follows mouse, and optional autoraise

Some people like that focus style. Personally, I hate it unless
I am using a tiling WM, which isn't avalible on Windows

Also, in Win7 the systray popup is disconnected from the taskbar,
so it is a real pain to use it with focus follows mouse.

[1] http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/nt/TXMouse/

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Nice! Hope I will get some time to try this out.

Thanks

/Daniel