Re: nameserver issues involving *.debian.org

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:06:41PM +0000, Camale??n wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:26:37 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
>
> > Some nslookup oddities have been bothering me.  Does it look to you like
> > my ISP is blocking certain DNS queries?
>
> (...)
>
> To discard something weird on your side (firewall, filter...), you can
> query "debian.org" from your computer but using a different dns server:

Hi,

I did disable my firewall.

> dig @8.8.8.8 debian.org

$ dig @8.8.8.8 debian.org

; <<>> DiG 9.7.1-P2 <<>> @8.8.8.8 debian.org
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd

> If that also fails, then I would also point to your ISP, but maybe is a
> transitional error with their routes and not conscious filtering.

To others who suggested setting up my own DNS: how will that
help if my ISP (intentionally or otherwise) interferes with
my DNS traffic?

Does anyone use DNS over SSL?
When I looked it up, I found stuff related to VPN.