Re: help

On Thursday 27 January 2011 02:35:08 Robert Blair Mason Jr. wrote:
> As far as chrome goes, you can easily do this by opening up a terminal
> (command prompt) and typing:
>
> sudo aptitude install chromium-browser

The OP said that he has installed Lenny.  chromium-browser is not in the Lenny
repositories.  When I installed it via Google, just a few weeks ago, it was
not even in the Lenny backports.  And it isn't likely to get there now.

Presumably you, Robert, are using Squeeze or Sid.

So, Padilla, I'm afraid taht you won't be able to install it from teh normal
repositories since you say taht you are using Debian 5.  But Google supplies
a repository for Chrome that works via aptitude once you have added the
repository to you sources list.

You probably also don't know what sudo is if you have a vanilla installation
of Debian 5 and are a newbie.  So just use su <enter>, enter root';s password
and you can then use the commands, minus the sudo.

Lisi