Re: debian - ubuntu

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:45 AM, artorius <artoriusfree@gmx.com> wrote:
hi, it's my first post and i'm newbie on debian an ubuntu too.
the prbolem is that i have tried to install ubuntu rigt after the setup
of debian and the laptop (hp nc6000) gives me this message:

(process:285) : Glib - warning xx : getpw id : failed due to unknown
user (0) id.

first - we were all new once. however, when you post a question, atleast take the time to reread it. proper grammar is good, but i don't hold that against people for whom english is not their first language. but, not even giving a crap about what you are typing....

second, switch to a console and do a 'cat /proc/version; tail -10 /var/log/messages'  and we might be able to provide more insight.