Re: Debian Squeeze Installation

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Lu, 24 ian 11, 13:55:30, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Du, 23 ian 11, 13:06:15, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree. Except that the current mc for squeeze and
sid is 4.0.7 which is very unfriendly in that it has moved to skin
support of which there are none. Better stick with lenny which is
4.6.2 which is much friendlier.
I suspect something is broken with your mc, I did not notice any
difference between mc on lenny, squeeze and various versions in
between (I'm running sid).

Also running Sid. But it is the .mc/ini file that is the problem. I
have been running with that for years and it won't work with 4.0.7
in that the results are disastrous. I attach the ini file if you
want to try it out.

Hmm, except for the changed color scheme I don't notice any difference on a quick glance. What seems to be the problem?

The coloring scheme of mcedit is just unacceptable with that ini under 4.0.7, take a look at it. Aside from that the color scheme with that ini is weird under 4.0.7, totally unlike 4.6.2. I went through this on the mc mailing list and got nowhere, my ini file was deemed "wrong". But it does exactly what I want it to do on 4.6.2 and previous, just that 4.0.7 handles it totally different. OK, I would switch to a skin, but there are no skins to be had with a light background that keep mcedit as the default has it.

Hugo