Re: debian - ubuntu

2011-01-26 12:45, artorius skrev:
hi, it's my first post and i'm newbie on debian an ubuntu too.
the prbolem is that i have tried to install ubuntu rigt after the setup
of debian and the laptop (hp nc6000) gives me this message:

(process:285) : Glib - warning xx : getpw id : failed due to unknown
user (0) id.

As the other poster, I do not understand if the error message appeared in debian or ubuntu, so please tell us more about your system to get more help.

If you see this in debian, then I have no suggestion.

[Brief note: User 0, as mentioned in the error message is the administrator (root-user) in debian. In ubuntu it is not used by default.]

As you mention both debian and ubuntu, and their handling of user 0 is different, I will assume that you see this in ubuntu but not in debian.

If the problem appears in ubuntu, then it has been known, but was (I believe) supposedly fixed for ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10. Pasting your error message into google gives as first hit something on bugs.launchpad.net (the bug-site of ubuntu), and there may be more information there.

I found the 5th result on google useful, and it leads me to ubuntuforums.net.

As this is a debian-list, and I guess that you saw this in ubuntu, I will also suggest the following. For questions about ubuntu that are not related to debian you will be suggested to ask them on ubuntu-lists as described on <http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community>.

Hope it helps

/ johan