Re: java 5 in squeeze

Joe Riel wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:08:06 -0600
> "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
>

>> I recommend not changing back your sources.list and actually adding
>> the security repository for Lenny as well.
>>

> I may have misinterpreted this.  Are you saying to change it to lenny
> and not change it back after updating and installing java 5?  Or are
> you saying not to change it to lenny in the first place [and do
> something else to obtain the files]?
>
> Thanks,

Of course you have to change back to Squeeze if you change to Lenny. But
it's the worst way. You can just add the repo for Lenny (including
non-free). It won't do any harm, since APT doesn't downgrade packages by
default. Then just install sun-java5 packages.

If you don't want ot mess up APT config, you can just download manually
packages and install them using dpkg.

Best regards