Re: Squeeze. A problem with VT8623 [Apollo CLE266] integrated CastleRock videocard [SOLVED]

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Sjoerd Hardeman
<sjoerd@lorentz.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> Mark Goldshtein schreef:
>>
>> Hello, list!
>>
>> Would you, please, help to bring to normal functioning a subj's video
>> board?
>>
>> VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8623 [Apollo
>> CLE266] integrated CastleRock graphics (rev 03)
>>
>> #lspci –k did not shows which driver is in use.
>
> Can you look in /etx/X11/xorg.conf whic driver is being used? Else, you
> might be able to find it in /var/log/Xorg.log (or /var/log/Xorg.0.log,
> whatever is there).
>>
>> X is up fine but GUI screen is garbled after any window move by cursor
>> and work with mouse is a pain.
>> dmesg, kernel, messages shows nothing suspictious.
>> Openchrome driver from repo was deleted, installed, reinstalled etc.
>> with zero effect.
>
> If you have been able to identify the driver, make sure it is the vesa one.
> If not, alter the "Device" section in xorg such that includes as the (only!)
> driver line
>  Driver   "vesa"
> That driver should work for all systems, although it is slow. Confirm that
> that works, then we can find out which driver also works and is nice and
> fast. If this doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm out of options.

Thanks a lot for your time and ideas!

The problem was resolved by video memory size increasing. Just modify
a correspond parameter in BIOS.
16MB ->32MB

--
Sincerely Yours'