Re: Missing Disk Space or Partition

RR <ranjtech@gmail.com> writes:

> I see as more messages are pouring in, this message is getting pushed down
> further and people won't even see it anymore. Does anyone have a personal
> doco, blog , cheatsheet for modifying the disk label  (and then I'm assuming
> I'll have to recreate my partition table) but not losing my data? I have
> done this sort of stuff of destroying the partition table and re-creating it
> by hand before without losing the data but I'm just very unfamiliar with
> this LVM beast and was wondering if someone could help at all?

If it is just a lvm problem, then you should first try running pvs, vgs,
and lvs.  Those will tell you what LVM thinks that it has.  Also you
should run 'fdisk -l /dev/sda' (or whatever disks you have) to see what
partitions your system thinks it has.  Man lvm should give you some
general information on the lvm commands, but you will probably need to
read the individual man pages for more detail on the commands.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org