Re: Where are "xrandr" settings stored?

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 08:40:18 -0200, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> From: Chris Jones
>> I ran the above test and after grepping out the /sys & /proc's, I came
>> up with just one file... Xorg.0.log..!
>>
>> So it looks like this setting is remembered somewhere outside the file
>> system.

That was the conclusion I reached.

And I find it very dangerous, if something got messed up you'll need many
doses of patience and more than a basic knowdledge of your system to
restore the correct resolution.

> At least in my experience, xrandr modes are *not* remembered. I have to
> rerun it everytime X is started or configure Xorg.conf. Curious that in
> your system the settings persist.

Yes, they do... and so I asked :-)

I also thought the resolution would be forgotten when restarting the
system but that did not happened.

To discard a problem within the VM environment, I run the same xrandr
commands on a openSUSE box I keep installed over "real irons" (external
USB device) and I got the same result: xrandr settings are automatically
remembered after reboot.

I can do more testing but if someone can confirm the problem (do not try
on production machines), I can open a bug report on this.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón