Re: Where is the boot/config-`uname -r` file?

Thanks to all for your help :)

I found the missing /boot partition with all its content. The solution was in the details that somehow I along with others missed was that after installing Debian on the 2nd Disk i.e. sdb on my machine (which already had Solaris on sda), for a few reasons I had exchanged the two disks physically (put disk1 in the slot of disk2 and vice-versa). However, I didn't edit /etc/fstab which was still pointing to /dev/sdb1 (as I posted/pasted before). But as you may have guessed /sdb was now actually sda. So simply doing mount /dev/sda1 /boot brought back my boot partition. I have now edited my fstab file to mount /dev/sda1 so /boot will mount everytime the system comes back up.

Thanks again :)
\RR

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:46:07 -0500, RR wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> As per the empty "/boot", that's odd. Try with "locate vmlinuz" :-?

(...)

> I also tried the locate command a while ago and didn't come up with
> anything :(

Wow!

> I think this is one of those specific scenarios where Debian was
> installed AFTER solaris on the 2nd disk and how boot is handled under
> that. I have a bunch of other questions which seem to be specific to
> this setup and have been mailing in the debian-sparc list but the
> response time/quantity there is no where as good as it is here :(

I suppose that you are using the "silo" bootloader, being a sparc
hardware, but the kernel image ("vmlinuz" or "zImage") should be placed
somewhere :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón