Re: [SOLVED] Is squeeze compatible with WD20EARS and other 2TB drives?

#include <hallo.h>
* Stan Hoeppner [Sun, Jan 16 2011, 01:22:28PM]:

> > of native 4k sectors used
> > with a smaller transfer size. But the whole system programing domain has
> > tons of similar situations.
>
> Transfer size?  SAS and SATA are both capable of large multi sector transfers.
> This has nothing to do with "transfer size", but SECTOR size.  It seems you lack
> basic understanding of the technology we're discussing.

Do you realize that "transfer size" is an abstract term? Doesn't look so
because you obviously fail to make the connection to the subsequent
example. And sorry for crushing your theory but you are wrong; usually I
wasn't sleeping in related CS lectures.

> Me stating that these drives suck with Linux (fact) is, to some owners of
> said drives, apparently akin to me calling their sister fat or mother ugly.

And if you are looking for things that suck then remember the bad
old days (if you were with us at that time). When you needed to install
emulation software like Ontrack to make your harddrive work with DOS and
then patch the Linux kernel to get along with it. Or had to write
modelines manually because other the monitor might go up in smoke. Or
needed to make experiments with hdparm to find the fastest Multiword-DMA
mode that still worked with your HDD. Etcetera, etcetera.

The "problems" with AF are a joke.

Regards,
Eduard.