Re: KDE4 and other WM: user-specific avoiding of plasma-autostart?

Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This is an u to date Debian testing installation.
>
> I'm running kde4 through awesome (having set the KDEWM environment
> variable). To prevent plasma to start in this environment, I have renamed
> both plasma-desktop.desktop and plasma-netbook.desktop, yet I do not like
> this setup, as it is system-wide and not user-specific.
>
> Where in Debian might I prevent plasma's autostart in a user-specific
> manner?

I just noticed a checkbox for plasma-desktop in system settings for
KDE4.  It is in the top of the section at:

  Advanced User Settings -> Autostart

Just try unchecking it and see if it does what you want.  I think you
will have to restart KDE for it to take effect.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org