KDE4 and other WM: user-specific avoiding of plasma-autostart?

Hi,

This is an u to date Debian testing installation.

I'm running kde4 through awesome (having set the KDEWM environment
variable). To prevent plasma to start in this environment, I have renamed
both plasma-desktop.desktop and plasma-netbook.desktop, yet I do not like
this setup, as it is system-wide and not user-specific.

Where in Debian might I prevent plasma's autostart in a user-specific
manner?

Thanks for any hints.

Sincerely, Joh