[solved/workaround] Re: logcheck

Hi!

SENDMAILTO="logcheck"

in aliases

logcheck:root
root:szun
szun:[where i wanted to send the logcheck mai]

so i changed the sendmailto= to my destination email, and voila, it comes with the newdomain!

any suugestions?

On 2011.01.17. 16:04, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:41:11 +0100, Informatik.hu wrote:

I am using logcheck on my squeeze, i have changed the domain name of the
machine from olddomain.com to newdomain.com, everything works fine, but
logcheck still sends the mails with root@olddomain.com. How/where can i
a change the sender of logcheck emails?
In the configuration file "/etc/logcheck/logcheck.conf" there should be a
variable "SENDMAILTO=" that you can adjust.

But the main question still remains (unless you had manually changed the
default settings of that variable and now forgot to update it ;-P)...

Why e-mails to "root" are not delivered to the current and updated host
domain? Check your alises database ("cat /etc/alisases") and your
hostname (hostname -d).

Greetings,