Re: [solved/workaround] Re: logcheck

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:34:56 +0100, Informatik.hu wrote:

> On 2011.01.17. 16:04, Camaleón wrote:

(..)

>> Why e-mails to "root" are not delivered to the current and updated host
>> domain? Check your alises database ("cat /etc/alisases") and your
>> hostname (hostname -d).

> SENDMAILTO="logcheck"
>
> in aliases
>
> logcheck:root
> root:szun
> szun:[where i wanted to send the logcheck mai]
>
> so i changed the sendmailto= to my destination email, and voila, it
> comes with the newdomain!

Were you using the "/etc/aliases" file before making the domain name
change? Or to make it short, where did you exactly changed the "old"
domain name, what file did you edit?

> any suugestions?

Hum... I dunno how Exim works with this file, but in Postfix you have to
reload the "/etc/aliases" database as soon as you edit it to update the
records.

What e-mail server/facility are you using? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón