Re: VDPAU on lenny with self-compiled mplayer [was: Re: matroska]

On Du, 16 ian 11, 21:34:51, steef wrote:

> i'll go to the bottom of this. starting with installing squeeze on a
> spare hd. i'll let you know if there is anything [else] worth to be
> told.

One thing that was not very obvious for me is that mplayer does not
automatically use the *vdpau video codecs (not video output), which is
why I have this in my .mplayer/config:

vc=ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,

The comma at the end ensures that if none of these codecs can be used
with your video mplayer will try to auto-detect the correct one. I only
need to disable this line when I encounter videos that don't work with
VDPAU.

Regards,
andrei