Re: [OT] Hard Drive Energy Not Worth Conserving drives?

Hi,

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Du, 16 ian 11, 18:48:17, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
Now, when will stable release have a 2.6.37 kernel?

Squeeze will release with 2.6.32. However, 2.6.37 is already available in experimental and it (or a higher version) will eventually reach testing and from there squeeze-backports. I would estimate 1-2 months after squeeze is released.

Excellent.

                                                    And are all
those changes "non-free" -- so to be included in "supported"
versions of Debian?

Non-free in Debian means non-DFSG[1][2]. What do you mean?

What I mean is, the kernel changes to add broadcom and other firmware ... will those parts be non-free or will they remain as extras required as they are now.

I did an install using squeeze rc1 and without using media with non-free firmware, it would have been more difficult.

If the broadcom and other extras coming in 2.6.37 are non-free additions, then that would be fantastic; if they aren't well, it would be a pity.

Thanks

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM