Re: [really solved] Re: aptitude: set all packages auto-installed except given list?

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 02:27:50 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Du, 16 ian 11, 01:00:50, Javier Barroso wrote:
> > When you invoke aptitude unmarkauto ... aptitude has all your packages
> > with auto mark, so aptitude will want to delete these unused packages
> > *before* it start with your operation (unmarkauto in this case). I
> > think it make sense
>
> Well, '(un)mark' seems to be doing more than just (un)marking packages
> which is a bit counter-intuitive to me...

I have the impression that the modification of "auto" flags prompts
aptitude to search for unused packages and to schedule them for removal
at the very least, if not to remove them right away. The persistence of
scheduled actions would explain why aptitude tries to remove these
packages when you invoke it a second time, even though you then mark
them as "non-auto".

Another solution might be to use "keep-all" before "unmarkauto".

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   | http://www.florian-kulzer.eu