Re: [really solved] Re: aptitude: set all packages auto-installed except given list?

On Sb, 15 ian 11, 19:42:26, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> Actually this only helps cleaning the system of unneeded packages, but
> still leaves me with a lot of packages not marked auto, so I had to
> apply Javier's hack after all.

Ok, this looks like the best version so far:

Backup:
aptitude --disable-columns -F %p search '~i!~M' > $PKG_LIST
(in case you're wondering, my list currently has 177 packages)

Restore (as root):
aptitude -o Aptitude::Delete-Unused=false markauto ~i
aptitude -o Aptitude::Delete-Unused=false unmarkauto $(cat $PKG_LIST | tr "\n" " ")
aptitude keep-all

I still don't understand why 'Delete-Unused=false' is necessary with
'unmarkauto' and an additional 'keep-all' is needed, but at least it
works.

Regards,
Andrei