Re: Installed Debian today.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:43:02PM +0000, Lisi wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 December 2010 22:55:00 Robert Holtzman wrote:
> > That's the biggest bunch of BS I've seen in a long time. I've used the
> > last 3 LTS releases and they have been completely stable.
> >
> > Your posts reflect several earmarks of a troll.
>
> I have just been doing a course, and a lot of the people on it reported having
> severe problems installing 10.10.  (I'm not one of them, I have installed and
> used it OK, but I still don't like it.)
>
> Surely the  point of Linux is that one has choice?  One can make one's choice
> for any reason or for none.  One man's meat is another man's poison.  Why
> shouldn't the poor bloke change to Debian just because he wants to do so.
> Why does he have justify it or explain himself?

I never said he has to. If you check the thread you should see that I was
refuting his claim that Ubuntu LTS distros are buggier than non-LTS. Of
course Linux presents choices and no one has to justify his/hers.

> I use Debian because I like it.  I don't use Ubuntu or its stable mates
> because I don't like them.  Have those of you who are carping, got cast iron
> reasons for being on the Debian user list, that you could justify in a court
> of law?

Of course. I triple boot and one of the distros is Lenny.

> Come off it, give the guy a break.

The trick is for you to read the thread and not weave fantasies.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279