lenny -> squeeze with trinity

My wife's machine has been running lenny for a long time, but with
squeeze's imminent release, I decided I needed to make some changes.
The main reason that she is using lenny is that she prefers kde3. So
tonight I upgraded to trinity on her lenny installation. After the
install, I changed the apt.conf to point to squeeze and updated the
trinity repos from

deb http://mirror.its.uidaho.edu/pub/trinity/trinity/debian lenny main
deb-src http://mirror.its.uidaho.edu/pub/trinity/trinity/debian lenny main

deb http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/debian
squeeze main
deb-src http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/debian
squeeze main

Did an apt-get update (and aptitude update) and tried both an apt-get
dist-upgrade and an aptitude full-upgrade, and both wanted to
deinstall trinity.

Do I need to reboot? Restart X? Anyone seen this behavior?

Thanks,
--b