Re: need help making shell script use two CPUs/cores

Camaleón put forth on 1/9/2011 12:12 PM:

> Better if you check it, but I dunno how to get the compile options for
> the lenny package... where is this defined, in source or diff packages?

You're taking this thread down the wrong path.  I asked for assistance
writing a simple script to do what I want it to do.  Accomplishing that
will fix all of my "problems" WRT Imagemagick.  I didn't ask for help in
optimizing or fixing the Lenny i386 Imagemagick package. ;)

>> No script ideas Camaleón?  You're not a script kiddie?
>
> He, he.. not at all :-)
>
> Anyway, how are you going to take any advantadge of multi-threading
> capabilities if the program you are going to run was not compiled with
> this flag enabled?

I think you're missing something.  Go back and read my original post.
If you still don't understand, maybe refresh yourself on Linux process
scheduling.

--
Stan