Re: need help making shell script use two CPUs/cores

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 11:17:04 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Camaleón put forth on 1/9/2011 10:59 AM:

>> ***
>> # IM by default uses multiple threads for image processing operations.
>> That means you can have the computer do two or more separate threads of
>> image processing, it will be faster than a single CPU machine.
>> ***
>>
>> I'm afraid you will have to find out whether your IM package was
>> compiled with multi-threading capablities.
>
> I'm using the i386 Lenny package.  Obviously it wasn't, or it would be
> working, and it is not.

Better if you check it, but I dunno how to get the compile options for
the lenny package... where is this defined, in source or diff packages?

> No script ideas Camaleón?  You're not a script kiddie?

He, he.. not at all :-)

Anyway, how are you going to take any advantadge of multi-threading
capabilities if the program you are going to run was not compiled with
this flag enabled?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón