Re: Exim4 : allow relaying for authenticateed users (LDAP,PAM over TLS)

On Sunday 09 January 2011 11:15:25 Frank Lin PIAT wrote:

> Does anyone knows a good howto. I am especially wondering how to
> instruct EXIM to use PAM/LDAP rather than the local /etc/exim4/passwd)

  It has been a long time since I did this, but my recollection
is that Exim is one of those sensible applications that actually
uses the system "getent" calls to figure out users and so forth,
so as long as your /etc/nsswitch.conf file is set up to
use the LDAP, Exim will automatically and seamlessly get it right.

  PAM don't enter into it.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net