Re: Exim4 : allow relaying for authenticateed users (LDAP,PAM over TLS)

In <[🔎] d4361857e45ce32c419c45508e88777c.squirrel@ssl.klabs.be>, Frank Lin PIAT
wrote:
>I want to allow my remote users to submit emails through SMTP
>on port 587 (using TLS).

I do this with exim currently.

>Obviously I want to enforce authenticate
>for those mail submission

Of course, no reason to be an open relay.

>(my user are stored in LDAP, with passwrd
>as plain text, so both PAM and LDAP should be possible [?]).

I've never tried to get exim to talk to LDAP at all.  My exim uses PAM for
authentication, which may or may not be the best idea.

Here's how I got exim4 to talk to PAM:
0. Package: -heavy
1. Debconf: split configuration, internet site.
2. /etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/99_local-config_auth_login
login_server:
        driver = plaintext
        public_name = LOGIN
        server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
        server_condition = ${if pam{$auth1:${sg{$auth2}{:}{::}}}}
        server_set_id = $auth1
3. /etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/99_local-config_auth_plain
plain_server:
        driver = plaintext
        public_name = PLAIN
        server_prompts = :
        server_condition = ${if pam{$2:$3}}
        server_set_id = $2

>Does anyone knows a good howto. I am especially wondering how to
>instruct EXIM to use PAM/LDAP rather than the local /etc/exim4/passwd)

My exim talks to PAM, but my PAM doesn't do any LDAP.  /etc/pam.d/exim just
includes the common-{auth,account,session} files; those files just require
pam_unix.so.

I've not messed with LDAP at all, really.