Re: Debian (sid) painfully slow.

On Saturday 08 January 2011 17:47:12 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sb, 08 ian 11, 15:44:03, Lisi wrote:
> > Testing - currently Squeeze.  Soon to be Wheezy (the present, Sid)
>
> <nitpick>testing starts as a copy of the freshly released stable and is
> then gradually updated with packages from unstable</nitpick>
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Thanks, Andrei.  I hadn't realised that the package move from Sid to testing
is gradual.  I thought that the whole bang shoot went up and then had to be
stabilised.  I have kept well away from a new testing because it is always so
unstable!!  I clearly need to go into it more.  Maybe even install it on a
testbed machine so that I can watch the process.

Lisi