Re: Debian (sid) painfully slow.

On Saturday 08 Jan 2011 09:29:47 Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> So, what did you do exactly? I am asking, because upgrading from Lenny
> to sid is not as easy as replacing "lenny" with "sid" in your
> sources.list and running "apt-get dist-upgrade".
>
> It is a much better idea to follow the process outlined in the release
> notes [1] in order to upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze. You can upgrade to
> sid afterwards.

OK, I'm obviously missing something here. Sid is testing, squeeze is in
testing, I thought sid and squeeze were essentially the same thing?

Essentially I changed the priorities to make testing the default and did an
apt-get dist-upgrade, although I had previously upgraded a fair amount using
install -t testing

Neil Youngman