OpenVPN server mode usage?

Folk,

For several years OpenVPN has provided a reliable tunnel
between two machines, Dalton and Joule.  Ref.
http://142.103.107.138:80/NetworksPage.html
Dalton has a static address.  Joule has a dynamic address,
usually available by reference to joule.yi.org.  This
depended upon a DDNS server at yi.org.

Recently the DDNS server hasn't been updating and I've
wondered about other configurations.  One possibility appears
to be for Dalton to run in server mode and for Joule to be an
OpenVPN client.  So I'm thinking to remove option "remote joule.yi.org"
and add "mode server" in the configuration file on Dalton.
No such thing as "mode client".  Is a client connection
profile necessary on Joule when there is only one server?

Any comments or criticisms or suggestions before I blunder
further?

Thanks,          ... Peter E.

--
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/