Re: making a pdf file smaller the debian way....

On Sun 02 Jan 2011 at 02:42:28 +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:

> So I tried the above command substituting my pdf file as input.pdf and
> creating a suitable name for output.pdf and then hit return in a
> sheepish ignorant kind of way and amazingly enough it worked.  I got a
> pdf file that was much smaller in size but looked fine in evince.

Using the same command my experience with a variety of pdf documents has
been very mixed. One or two are reduced to 10% of the original sizes,
most have no significant reduction and one is three times larger.

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/cvs/Ps2pdf.htm