Re: Dell E6410, squeeze, touchpad anddddd keyboard problems

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 03:54:36PM +0200, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
> I had the same sort of issue with a Dell Precision M70 laptop. The
> answer was to change the touchpad setting in the BIOS setup program. The
> wording on this one (which is actually a Lat. D810 or somesuch
> motherboard / BIOS) I had to look at the boot behavior of the touchpad.
> The choices weren't exactly what I would have expected. They were along
> the lines of:
>
> 1. touchpad enabled
> 2. touchpad disabled when PS/2 mouse is connected
> 3. serial mouse
>
> The one that succeeded in disabling the touchpad was the serial mouse
> setting.

Thanks Gilbert.  That has disabled the touchpad.  Now let us hope the other
keyboard-problems will come to an end.  Immediately as I type this, it feels
if the keyboard reaction is faster and so far I did not miss a character.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding
      in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
      And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the
      glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were
      sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not:
      for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which
      shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day
      in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the
      Lord."        Luke 2:8-11