Re: why my sound card doesn't work

* Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> [101213 20:07]:
> Dne, 13. 12. 2010 03:03:16 je Russell L. Harris napisal(a):
> >I never have been able to get Intel integrated audio working under
> >Linux.
>
> Would that be something like this:
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6
> Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03) ?
>
> Working out of the box, and seamlessly, on my P4 Lenny system.

I have experienced problems with a variety of Intel (845 & 865) and
Asus motherboards.

Prior to my discovery of USB sound, I would simply install a clone
sound card, then sound would work.  But the Lexicon external USB card
is much more versatile.

My conclusion is that life is too short (and USB sound is too
inexpensive) for me to continue to mess around with on-the-motherboard
sound.

RLH