Re: Setting a default network cups printer

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 08:12:58 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 02:22:39PM +0000, Camale??n wrote:

(...)

>> I always set the default printer from CUPS web interface and IIRC, you
>> need the root password for "delicate" tasks (like adding a new printer
>> or setting the default one). So, I guess these actions are kept as the
>> "default" (system wide settings) :-?
>
> Does anyone know how to handle this _without_ root permissions?
>
> I see there is an 'lp' group and user.

As per "man lpoptions":

***
FILES
~/.cups/lpoptions - user defaults and instances created by non-root
users.
/etc/cups/lpoptions - system-wide defaults and instances created by the
root user.
***

Maybe you can try by tweaking things in each "~/.cups/lpoptions" user
file :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón