Re: Setting a default network cups printer

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:15:17 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 20:00:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Besides David's advice, have you tried by restarting cups daemon
>> ("/etc/ init.d/cups restart") on the client side? :-?
>
> Hmm... super strange. I restarted the cups daemon on the client side,
> then
>
> $ lpadmin -d hp_4l

(...)

> Ahh...!
>
> $ lpoptions

(...)

> How can I change that lpoptions? Hold on... Yes,
>
> $ lpoptions -d hp_4l
>
> Did the trick. Now:
>
> $ lpstat -t | grep default
> system default destination: hp_4l
>
> Thanks every one who responded.

Hum, indeed, that is the command suggested by CUPS for setting the
default printer:

***
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/options.html

Setting the Default Printer

If you normally use a particular printer, you can tell CUPS to use it by
default using the lpoptions(1) command:

lpoptions -d printer
***

But using CUPS web interface and set the default printer from there
should have the same effect. Didn't that work for you? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón