Scrolling problems Iceweasel (Radeon HD 3850 problem?)

Hi ,

After an update somewhere the last few weeks (I can't remember when
exactly)  scrolling in Iceweasel started to become problematically. I
have two (separate?) problems:

1. Scrolling of web pages with graphics is slow with frequent repainting
of the complete web page from bottom to top which looks like a tidal
wave on my screen. TExt pages do not seem to show this problem.
2. Clicking *just once* on the right scroll bar results in a complete
scroll down as if I am clicking constantly.

I suspect that it is a problem with the N(non-free) fglrx video driver
because this does not happen onmy other PC which has a NVidia.

Does anyone recognise these problems and/or has a solution?

TIA

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld