Re: debian testing amd64: X windows trouble after todays updates. (input events problem?)

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010, Peter Koellner wrote:

I switched between xdm and gdm, and the problem with unresponsive window manager and locked in focused window seems to go away with that, though I am not totally sure.

Today I am having the same effect after starting the gnome session via xdm, so the display manager has nothing to do with it. The input events seem to reach the window manager and gnome panels occasionally,
but I have to try for minutes until I am able to switch focus, close a window or start another application.
I don't see any error messages. This is an effect so bad I have not experienced ever with debian during the last twelve years or so. The gnome panel gets redrawn on schedule and I can use my application in keyboard focus, but mouse events seem to have difficulties. xpdf left a dysfunctional menu on the display, when I try to click the Quit menu entry the mouseclick event reaches the gnome panel below instead and minimizes the xpdf window.
So I guess some part of the X input event handling got clobbered.

--
peter koellner <peter@asgalon.net>