Re: lenny & thunderbird filters

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 06:49:43 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On 11/05/2010 04:15 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Also, you can try (just in case) to "rebuild index" and/or "compacting"
>> the offending folder. Thunderbird (Icedove) sometimes can go nuts with
>> its internal bd and hides e-mails or does weird things :-)

> I see the compact folders menu item, but not rebuild index... where do
> you find that one.
> ah, I think I found it under folder properties.. repair Folder?

Mmm, it should be called "rebuild index", even in "plain English" :-P

http://raisedbyturtles.org/wp-content/uploads/tb-rebuild-index.png

Not sure if that will help with your "phantom" unread messages, though...
wait, I've got some docs for you:

Disappearing mail
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disappearing_mail

Maybe you can find something there that make your bells ring :-?

P.S. Just out of curiosity... does it happen only with imap mailboxes or
also with local stored messages?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón