Re: Text overlow in Iceweasel

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:38:41 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> I'm using Iceweasel 3.5.13 on Sid.
>
> I find that on certain sites, e.g. www.peterrussell.com, portions of
> text are superimposed on top of one another - a sort of overflow. This
> also happens with Iceape but not with Chromium-browser.

It renders fine here (stock Iceweasel from squeeze and lenny).

> Not a new problem, actually, but it is turning up in a site that I am
> professionally involved with. I complained to the designers who replied,
> predictably, that it occurs because I am using a "very unusual browser
> and operating system"!

You can reply to them that before saying such things, they can start by
validating they work to make a fully W3C standard compliant site and
forget about that old browsers war.

> I'm not sure if it is a design fault in the sites or a bug in Firefox.
> Anyone shed light on this? I didn't find anything relevant on Google.

It could be both, of course, but most probably a design fault :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón