Re: sid: yaird: -t invalid flag option in kernel image install

On 2010-10-05 09:06 +0200, Joel Roth wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 08:51:10AM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>>
>> The yaird package appears to be unmaintained and broken.  Why are you
>> using it?
>
> I'm not using it! The above linux-image package invokes it.
>
> I never asked for it. If I remove yaird, the linux-image package
> complains that it doesn't find mkinitrd.yaird.

Strange.  Did you try to purge the yaird package?

Grepping for yaird in /etc might also reveal something.

> Even if I generate the initrd.img file using a different
> utility, the linux-image package still tries (and fails)
> to invoke mkinitrd.yaird every time.
>
> I have installed update-initramfs, however the linux-image
> package still looks for yaird.

I think you mean initramfs-tools rather than update-initramfs.

> Nothing in /etc/alternatives suggests an alterative.

Well, initramfs generators are not managed through alternatives.  Maybe
they should, but 99% of all Debian users just use initramfs-tools which
is the only one supported by the Debian kernel team and generally works
well.

Sven