Re: sid: yaird: -t invalid flag option in kernel image install

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 08:51:10AM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2010-10-05 08:11 +0200, Joel Roth wrote:
>
> > This problem has been dogging me for months.
> > I have a different, working kernel, but each apt-get install
> > is delayed as apt-get tries to configure
> > the linux-image package.
> >
> > 	Setting up linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64 (2.6.32-15) ...
> > 	Running depmod.
> > 	Running /usr/sbin/mkinitrd.yaird.
> > 	mkinitrd.yaird: invalid option -- 't'
> > 	Terminating...
> > 	/usr/sbin/mkinitrd.yaird failed to create initrd image.
> > 	Failed to create initrd image.
> >
> > There is a debian bug report, #518315, that no one seems
> > to be fixing.
>
> The yaird package appears to be unmaintained and broken.  Why are you
> using it?

I'm not using it! The above linux-image package invokes it.

I never asked for it. If I remove yaird, the linux-image package
complains that it doesn't find mkinitrd.yaird.

Even if I generate the initrd.img file using a different
utility, the linux-image package still tries (and fails)
to invoke mkinitrd.yaird every time.

I have installed update-initramfs, however the linux-image
package still looks for yaird.

Nothing in /etc/alternatives suggests an alterative.

I like apt's dependency management, but it does bring
another level of complexity.

Joel