Re: question/answer website for user support: shapado.debian.net

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 15:07:51 +0000 (UTC)
T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> OMG, I hope that is NEVER possible. Why? Take a look at, or
> participate in ubuntu forum and you will know why. You'll get endless
> flood in nonsense replies, "I agree", "bump", etc etc, and there are
> actually good ones, in the sense that they actually are at least *on
> the topic*.

Also see wine user list, the problem also over there, is that the
mailing list doesn’t feed back into the forum, so you cant reply to the
list and know that the other person will see the message (ie people who
just look at the forum).

If you end up feeding stuff to/from lists, make sure you can post to
the forum via email, or people like me (who are fed up of having loads
of forum accounts etc) don’t have to log into a website to reply.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97