Re: converting home network to IPv6; ppp, IPv6, dsnmasq and iptables

H.S. put forth on 6/4/2010 11:06 PM:

> Also, I am supposed to dial the ppp connection and obtain an IPv6
> address from my ISP (as opposed to using a static one).

If this is truly the case, why did your ISP give you static IPv6 addresses?  I
believe you misunderstand the situation.

> Can somebody help in this problem?

Yes, I can.  Disable dhcp6.  You've already bound a static IPv6 address to
eth1 but you didn't configure a gateway address.  Configure a correct IPv6
gateway address for eth1.  This should have been provided by your ISP along
with the static IPv6 addresses.  If not, ask them for it.

Once you have done these things and restarted your interfaces, test IPv6
functionality from the firewall host itself, using ping, tracert, etc.  Don't
bother testing IPv6 routing or NAT until you've verified you can ping a remote
internet host over IPv6 directly from eth1.  After you've confirmed that you
can tackle LAN host IPv6 issues, if any exist.

--
Stan