Re: SuperGrubDisk

Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:44:59 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Camaleón wrote:

But SGB has support for Grub2, isn't it? :-?

I see this:
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/forum/index.php?topic=494.0 that says
'Super GRUB2 disk 1.98s1 released'

But I run SGD 0.9770. What I like about it is that you don't have to
hardcode the grub devices:

findf        /wd80_0jd-60.06
root        $(out_device)

finds the device that has file wd80_0jd-60.06 on it and uses that as
root. No more hardcoding!

But I don't know if that function is available with the Super GRUB2
disk, I can't find anything on that, except the news that it has been
released and the download of the iso.

There is this:
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/SGD_Howto_make_Custom

but I don't know if that applies to the GRUB2 disk.

And do you have to have GRUB2 installed in order to use the GRUB2 disk?

I asked but noone answered. Must be a stupid question :-(

No, no stupid question at all. SGD is very good but I couldn't say the same for their docs and help: they are "messy".

Anyway, I looked into their news forums and found this thread:

***
Last Super Grub Disk based on Grub legacy: 0.9798 released.
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/forum/index.php?topic=345.0
***

So I'm afraid the latest available versions only work for Grub2 installations and those having the legacy version installed on their systems should use the old SGD releases :-/

I stand to be corrected: Super GRUB2 disk 1.98s1 sure does boot and presents a very complete menu, try it. Now seeing on how to modify that menu...

Hugo